Any text you bring into My Learning’s editor may bring in its own ‘code’ that might affect the formatting of your page.
There are two ways to ‘clean’ text to avoid your pasted text affecting the formatting of your document.
1. Method 1 – Notepad
- Open a ‘plain text editor’ such as MS Notepad
- Paste your formatted text into notepad (ctrl-v)
- Select the text (ctrl-a)
- copy (ctrl-c)
- Now paste it into your My Learning page (ctrl-v)
2. Method 2 – Use the format stripping tool in My Learning Editor
- Paste your formatted text into your My Learning page editor
- Click the ‘Clean formatting’ button in the toolbar